Date: 23 - 25 March, 2012
Venue: Thung Wua Laen Beach, Pha Thiew district
The Chumphon Sea World Fair, held annually in March, promotes travel to the province of Chumphon - the gateway to Southern Thailand.
The event raises visibility and awareness of the province’s diverse attractions, its destination strengths and tourism potential, especially for beach holidays and marine tourism.
Highlights and Activities:
- Shop for special attractively-priced Chumphon Sea World Fair travel packages
- Travel exhibits presented by various organizations and agencies
In addition to the eco-tours of the coastal mangrove forests, diving, boating and squid fishing in Chumphon National Park, visitors are presented with a vast range of interesting options such as river-rafting in Pa-Toh, a visit to the Chumphon National Museum or historical sites such as the Krommaluang Chumphon Monument & Park at Hat Sai Ri (Sai Ri beach), agrotourism at Uncle Nin’s Garden (Suan Lung Nin), a recognized role model for the adoption of sufficiency economy principles, in Tung Tako district and community-based tourism projects such as Ban Ko Phithak Community and Phato Ecotourism Club. All are winners of the Thailand Tourism Awards presented by the Tourism Authority of Thailand.
Chumphon is home to several other homestay projects where visitors can immerse in the local culture and learn about customs, traditions and way of life. These include homestays in the fishing communities of Baan Koh Phithak, Ban Tong Tom Yai and Ban Nai Rai.
- Enjoy delicious fresh seafood
- Photo contest
- Big Cleaning Day
- Nature lovers and divers will be able to sign up for voluntary conservation activities such as the planting of mangrove saplings, the release of fish, turtles, giant clams, and cartoon fish to re-stock the seas of Chumphon, and garbage collection dives.
- Music on the Beach light-and-sound
The Chumphon Sea World Fair is being jointly organized by the Chumphon Provincial Administrative Office, Chumphon Provincial Municipal Office, Pha Thiew District Office, Chumphon Tourism Association, the Tourism Authority of Thailand Chumphon office, and state agencies and private sector organizations in Chumphon.
Tourism Authority of Thailand, Chumphon Office
Tel: +66 (0) 7750 1831-2, (0) 7750 2775-6
Fax: +66 (0) 7750 1832